Thursday, 7 July 2016

Nerdversity Reviews: Cars in the Park (Day 2)


As we mentioned last time, Cars in the Park is a charity event run by the local Rotary Club. They are a service organisation that work with businesses and communities to implement charitable deeds within a community, such as reading programs for illiterate children and sending supplies to disaster zones.


I went back on the Sunday to see if there was anything different. I'm glad I did. After paying my donation again to the West Midlands Air Ambulance, I went into the park again. The usual car dealers were still there, however, the park was filled to the brim with people and more cars than usual. 


With the weather being much better and without the risk of rain, there were far more car clubs and people displaying their modern and classic motors. Fans of all kinds of car were gathered in the park to celebrate their love and passion for the automobile.


Aside from the addition of more clubs and miscellaneous cars from the general public, there was still the same expensive food outlets and the same high priced vendors. I would honestly say that Sunday is the better day to see more and get most of your time down the park, but at the same time, I'd say that you'd be much better off taking your own food and drink to avoid being stung by high prices.


That's another year's event done and I can thoroughly say that I enjoyed it. There's a lot to see and do. It may not be to everyone's taste and it can get expensive, but if classic and more modern cars are your thing, it's definitely worth checking out.